Animal Keeper : Great Apes
We currently have a vacancy for an Animal Keeper to work on our Great Apes section. This area manages all four species of great ape: gorilla, chimpanzee, orangutan and bonobo.
- A hands-on role, working on the section and covering all areas of daily animal husbandry including feeding, cleaning, training and record keeping
- Interacting with visitors to the zoo
- Assisting with the supervision and training of staff
Key Skills & Requirements
- A high performing, enthusiastic individual with a proven track record in zoo animal management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a keeper
- Able to demonstrate a substantial working knowledge of the natural history and management of key species
- A good team worker with a positive outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to continued professional development of yourself and other staff
- Supervisory experience advantageous
- An animal related qualification such as ANCMZA or DZMAA
The role is on a permanent contract and is a full time position (working on average 5 days out of 7), including weekend duties on a rota system. Salary is paid monthly with and 31 days paid holiday per annum (pro-rata). Uniform is also provided.
Please apply on-line by sending your CV with a covering letter to [email protected].
This vacancy will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, therefore you should submit your application as soon as possible.