Seasonal Animal Ranger
Yorkshire Wildlife Park
We are currently looking for a Seasonal Animal Ranger to join our dynamic and energetic animal team for our busy summer season. The successful candidates will have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and demonstrate a consistently proactive and flexible approach to work.
To be considered, candidates must be confident in delivering engaging, animated talks and presentations to audiences of all sizes throughout the day.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver talks and presentations throughout the day.
- Feed, clean out and provide enrichment for animals.
- Maintain accurate animal records.
- Facilitate an exciting, inspirational and memorable experience for our guests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
- To be considered, applicants must be confident in delivering talks and presentations to large audiences on a daily basis.
- Previous experience working with an array of exotic animal species within a zoo or wildlife park is an advantage.
- Acute attention to detail with the confident ability to consistently facilitate an outstanding visitor experience.
This is a fixed term position beginning in May 2017 and finishing on the 3rd of September 2017, working an average of 40-45 hours per week. Hours are normally worked over 5 days per week including weekends and some evening/ early morning work as the business requires.
To apply for this position and for full vacancy information please click here
The closing date for applications is the 24th of April 2017.