ZOO4NAT Wildlife Rescue Conference
27th - 29th May 2019
Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden
We cordially invite professionals and interested non-professionals to our upcoming conference on wildlife rescue. Zoos and related institutions can support the field conservation work with their know-how on animal care, veterinary background and with providing professional facilities for ...
We cordially invite professionals and interested non-professionals to our upcoming conference on wildlife rescue. Zoos and related institutions can support the field conservation work with their know-how on animal care, veterinary background and with providing professional facilities for the rescued/confiscated animals as well as with their education and communication activities. The international conference will focus on rescuing native species and emphasize the supporting role of the ex-situ conservation institutions, how zoos work for nature. Conference main topics are: native fauna rescue; conservation aspects in rescuing; reintroduction – repatriation – relocation; veterinary care; keeping aspects; legislation issues; perspectives of rescue centers; education related to rescue work; communication & marketing aspects; best practice examples.
We are prodly present our Keynote Speaker, Dave Scott DVM. Dave is the Staff Veterinarian at Carolina Raptor Center in Charlotte, North Carolina. CRC is dedicated to the conservation of birds of prey admits close to 1.000 birds each year. He is also the author of the book "Raptor Medicine, Surgery and Rehabilitation". His interests include orthopedic surgery and bioinformatics and he is the creator the RaptorMed medical records program (www.raptormed.com) that is used worldwide to care for wildlife.
Call for Papers – DEADLINE EXTENDED
The Organizers call wildlife rescue related professionals from all fields (in-situ and ex-situ conservation, communication, education, veterinary science, etc.) to submit their papers for oral or poster presentations at ZOO4NAT Wildlife Rescue Conference (27-29 May 2019, Budapest, Hungary).
- Half A4 page (300 words) summary in English is mandatory (excl. presentation title, authors and affiliations)
- Summary format: MS doc or rtf file
- Please indicate all the authors and affiliates carefully, underline the presenting author.
- Poster format: A0 size portrait
- Oral presentations duration: 15 minutes + 5 minutes discussion/Q&A
- Submissions to be sent to Bea Golovanova at ZOO4NAT Conference Office in e-mail ([email protected]).
Submission deadline: 14 April 2019 – EXTENDED DEADLINE: 21 APRIL 2019
Notification of presenters: 30 April 2019
Registration deadline for presenters: 10 May 2019
Final program release: 15 May 2019
Registrations should be sent to the Conference Office via the official online form (https://congressline.hu/registration?c=zoo4nat). First 100 seats are free of charge.
- conference materials (badge, bag, program)
- access to conference scientific sessions
- welcome reception on Monday evening
- coffee & snacks on Monday and Tuesday
- full day field trip to Bükk NP on Wednesday
- English/Hungarian simultaneous interpretation
Registration does not include lunches but there are restaurants available at the venue.