Education / Presenter Team Lead
BirdworldEngland Closing date for applications is: 10th Jan 2020
|Contact:||Duncan Bolton ([email protected])|
POST: Education / Presentations Team Lead
POST REF NO: BW/Ed/TL/19
Division: Birdworld, Education
RESPONSIBLE TO: Curator
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Education team, delivery of presentations and educational content of signage, daily care of presentation animals.
- To lead and co-ordinate effective delivery of public and group educational sessions on a day to day basis
- To ensure high standards of public presentation and visitor experience including all visitor facing educational elements
- To oversee, in consultation with the Curator the development and training of members of the education team and others where appropriate
- To ensure the highest possible standards of animal care for the education animal collection.
- To ensure high efficiency and minimal waste during daily operations within the educational team
- To promote high levels of customer care by team members at all times
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be responsible for the effective day to day operation of the education team at Birdworld
- To deliver high quality public, school and other presentations appropriate for our visitors.
- To co-ordinate, direct, supervise, guide and advise the team to achieve the objectives of Birdworld.
- To ensure high quality records are maintained for the education animal collection and of events delivered by the education team
- To ensure high quality of care for the collection, in accordance with modern zoo practice.
- To ensure suitable and appropriate training of all education staff to enable the company objectives to be met.
- To oversee the care and training for all animals used in presentations / educational sessions and advise on the husbandry training of animals in th ewider collections as appropriate.
- To ensure the Health and Safety of staff within the education team, including creation and review of risk assessments where appropriate
- To develop and comply with all policies and procedures as established by the Company.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required commensurate with the grade of the post.
Apply for this job:
Are you interested in joining our Team? What to do now…
- Find out more about us http://www.forest-lodge.co.uk/index.php/job-vacancies and visit https://birdworld.co.uk/
Apply in writing including an up to date CV to [email protected] and complete our on-line application form