Woburn Safari ParkBedfordshire Closing date for applications is: 5th Jan 2020
|Contact:||Briony Barnes ([email protected])|
Animal Keeper - Elephants
Woburn Safari Park is currently looking to recruit an Animal Keeper to join the Elephant team.
Woburn’s Elephant Herd consists of 4 Adult Asian elephants and our juvenile, which are managed primarily in free contact.
Duties will include daily husbandry and management of the elephants including training, washing and exercising. The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a close knit team and will be able to demonstrate the good communication skills required for regular elephant presentations and special experiences.
The ideal candidate would be required to have the following:
- Experience working with elephants in a zoo environment or similar for a minimum of 6 months - essential.
- Experience working in a free contact environment with elephants - desirable.
- Experience in the training of Category 1 animals - desirable.
- Work well within a team and be able to supervise and develop work experience students.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Current full driving licence.
The position is full time working 5 days out of 7. As this will include regular weekend working, a flexible approach to days / hours is required.