Animal Trainer and Presenter
Welsh Mountain Zoo - National Zoological Society of WalesWales Closing date for applications is: 29th Dec 2019
|Contact:||Kim Wood ([email protected])|
The National Zoological Society of Wales is a registered charity (no. 514108) that owns and runs the Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales in Colwyn Bay, UK. This is a medium-sized progressive zoo which opened in 1963 and is situated in North Wales in one of the UK’s most beautiful places to live and work. The Zoo embraces modern conservation thinking and strives for high standards in all departments. It is a member of BIAZA, EAZA, WAZA and Species360.
The Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoo of Wales is looking for an animal trainer and presenter, who will answer to the Animal Collection Manager and the Director of Living Collections. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for development and daily delivery of our educational animal demonstrations, along with daily husbandry responsibility for all animals on the section.
The successful candidate must:
· have a minimum of 3 years zoo animal experience covering a varied range of taxa.
· have experience of using a variety of training methods based around positive reinforcement techniques
· have experience of training a varied range of taxa
· have experience delivering educational talks and/or demonstrations to zoo visitors
· have excellent references
Preferred but not essential experience include:
· be qualified to at least DMZAA level or equivalent
· have experience managing water management and filtration systems
Applicants who do not meet the full criteria may still be considered for interview.
Apply for this job:
For further details, a full job description and application form please email [email protected] or telephone 01492 532938 ext.3 (Office Hours 09.00 – 17.00).
The closing date for applications will be 17.00 on Sunday 29th December 2019. A short list of candidates will be drawn up and offered an interview date between 4th and 10th January 2020.