Experienced Animal Keeper
Peak Wildlife ParkWest Midlands Closing date for applications is: 31st Jan 2020
|Contact:||James Butler ([email protected])|
Peak Wildlife Park is searching for an ambitious, highly motivated individual who is passionate about their quality of work and would like the chance to develop their skills within a BIAZA accredited zoological collection. This opening is aimed at those who would like to work alongside a wide range of species, in a small but varied collection
Your roles and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, all elements of animal husbandry, positive reinforcement training, environmental enrichment, animal behaviour research, elements of enclosure design and the delivery of public talks and VIP animal experiences.
The ideal applicant should have;
• Excellent communication and observational skills
• An ability to work to your own initiative
• The DMZAA or equivalent qualification
• At least 2 years of paid experience within the animal sector
• Experience working with hoofstock and small mammals
• Experience with ZIMs (Desirable)
• A full UK driving license (Desirable)
• Firearms license (Desirable)
The position is available for an immediate start, with successful applicants required to perform a trial day as well as part of the interview process.