Qualified zoo keeper
Linton Zoo Conservation ParkEast Anglia Closing date for applications is: 31st Jan 2020
|Contact:||Kim Simmons ([email protected])|
Linton Zoo Conservation Park currently has a full-time permanent keeper position available for an experienced, highly motivated, reliable and enthusiastic individual. There will be the opportunity to advance to a senior position for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for the hands-on day-to-day husbandry of a diverse collection of animals. The applicant must be flexible about their duties within the zoo and should be prepared to be involved in all aspects of animal care associated with the daily, safe and smooth running of a family owned and managed conservation and education park. This is a full-time position and applicants are expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends and Public holidays.
Applicants must be hard working, conscientious and uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare. The ability to work as part of a team is essential as are excellent communication skills. Proficiency in public speaking or confidence to learn is necessary in this role. Applicants must be willing to assist with other areas of the park, including tours, educational presentations, general maintenance and upkeep of public areas and the supervision and training of trainee keepers.
- are expected to work to a flexible rota as necessary to include weekends and Public holidays
- must be hard working, conscientious and uphold high standards of animal husbandry and welfare.
- must have the ability to work as part of a team and have excellent communication skills.
- should be proficient in public speaking or have the confidence to learn,
- must be willing to assist with other areas of the park, including tours, educational presentations, general maintenance and upkeep of public areas and the supervision and training of trainee keepers,
- must have completed the DMZAA course or hold an equivalent qualification,
- should have a broad knowledge of husbandry practices, an understanding of Zoo licence regulations and a minimum of 2 years working in a similar role,
- should have a full driving licence and car.
Apply for this job:
If you would like the chance to join our great team, please download an application form from our website. Please send this with a covering letter and CV to Kim Simmons, Linton Zoo, Hadstock Road, Linton, Cambridgeshire CB21 4NT or email to [email protected] stating any previous experience and availability.
Please note, we will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews throughout the advertised period for this role. The role may therefore be filled prior to the closing date. We would encourage you to submit your application form as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to respond to candidates who are successful through to the interview stage.