The Lonely Dodo
In The Lonely Dodo is an innovative campaign to increase awareness of Durrell’s work; and to generate income for the charity.
The campaign has been successful at reaching its target audience and beyond, effectively communicating Durrell’s key messages.
Durrell’s mission is ‘Saving Species from Extinction’ and in collaboration with TheFrameworks, Stephen Fry, Alistair McGowan and Aardman Animations, Durrell developed a campaign based around the powerful concept of loneliness.
The Lonely Dodo campaign consists of an animated film supported by an interactive microsite that is entertaining, educational and informative. To meet the objective of revenue generation it includes a mechanism to recruit regular givers to join the ‘Dodo Crew.’
Results to date, measured over a six month period are as follows:
• 256,851 YouTube video views
• 795 new Facebook likes to Durrell Facebook, 4925 shares & 131k impressions
• Lonely Dodo microsite with 49,600 unique visitors since launch
• 65 Lonely Dodo Crew members generating an income of £4464
• Substantial PR coverage in a range of mediums on and offline
• 43 Direct donations generating an income of £638
• Increased awareness of Durrell across new audiences
• Direct exposure to 7000 local children aged between 3 and 10
• Launch of a Lonely Dodo Facebook page with 1038 new followers to date
• Launch of a Lonely Dodo Twitter channel with 888 new fans
• Development of new media relationships