The BIAZA Awards are going to run a little differently this year! Please ensure you read the Instructions Document for full details on how to submit.
The BIAZA Awards provide an opportunity for you to have your achievements recognised within the zoo and aquarium community. Incorporating a range of categories, you have the chance to achieve Winner or Runner-Up and demonstrate BIAZA best practice and excellence in your field of work. BIAZA members (including associate members) are invited to submit award applications in the following categories:
- Animal Husbandry, Care and Breeding
- Behaviour and Welfare
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Field Conservation
- PR, Marketing, Digital and Events
- Professional Capacity Building
In addition, two further award categories will also be open for submissions:
• “Rising Star” award – this recognises the efforts of an individual who has gone above and beyond to support their collection and the BIAZA community. This person could be an emergent leader or significant contributor to BIAZA’s activities. This person must have ten years or less involvement in the zoo or conservation community.
• “Outstanding Achievement” award. This award is open to all categories of BIAZA members. This award is for an extraordinary achievement or outstanding performance throughout the year. Applications can be submitted on behalf of an individual or a team as appropriate.
Applications for all awards must be submitted in the format of a 5 minute video. Videos can be under 5 minutes but must not be longer than 5 minutes. Videos can be edited and include inserted images, text etc, but all video aspects must be filmed on a camera tablet/phone. Videos can be filmed either in either landscape or portrait mode, with a person(s) narrating and/or explaining the project (if voice over narration is preferable people do not need to be seen explicitly on camera whilst talking). The project must cover all the points listed for the category (see the Instructions Document for specific detail) - creativity in showcasing this is welcomed and encouraged. An example of style that could be used can be found in our Love Your Zoo and Aquarium video. Your finalised video must be sent, along with an accompanying information form, to the BIAZA Office before the deadline. Please note, by submitting a video to the awards you agree to grant BIAZA the unlimited right to use the videos. Full acknowledgement will be given to the submitting organisation.
Please ensure you read the Instructions Document. All award applications must be accompanied by an Information Form (one per project submitteed) Any queries, please contact the office.
Submissions must be emailed to Frankie ([email protected]) no later then 11pm Sunday 25 February 2024. Successful award winners will be informed of their achievement during June 2024 via email after the formal announcements at the BIAZA annual conference gala dinner.
The awards provide an opportunity for you to showcase your work, and receive well-deserved recognition and congratulations!
AWARD INFORMATION FORM (one per project submitted required)
Below you will find just a few examples of previous BIAZA award winners:
Animal Husbandry, Care and Breeding Gold Award Winner - ZSL
Conservation Gold Award Winner - Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
Education Gold Award Winner - National Marine Aquarium
Research Gold Award Winner - WWT Slimbridge