Rebranding Belfast Zoo
Strategic review of communication – Belfast Zoological Gardens re-brand
It was decided early in 2007 that it was time to initiate change and develop a brand which would reflect the work of a modern zoo in Belfast.
A review of communications began with a basic investigation into what we understood our organization to be. The process of this review included:
• Review of mission and existence of Belfast Zoo including who we are and what we do.
• Writing and agreeing a brief to accurately reflect the organization with input from all stakeholders;
• Listening to presentations from design companies;
• Internal zoo staff meetings;
• Discussion with the Friends of Belfast Zoo
• Consultation with Belfast City Council corporate communications and councillors.
As such, a new look and feel was designed and this new brand was implemented through a range of mediums including publications, ambient and outdoor media, digital, advertising and public relations.
Feedback on the new brand has been extremely positive. Business performance has improved and the process has raised the standards of marketing in Belfast Zoological Gardens. We have won two independent awards for our branding to recognise this achievement.
Belfast Zoological Gardens
COMMENDATION received in BIAZA Awards 2008 for Best marketing project - Amanda Alabaster Award