29th May 2023
Love Your Zoo week is an annual nationwide event which coincides with May half-term where our members hold a range of activities to promote the important work they do in nature conservation, education and research. This year we're focussing on all the 'zoonique' things which could not be achieved or experienced anywhere else.
This year's campaign is running from Monday 29 May to Saturday 3 June 2023
What's going on?
BIAZA will be running:
- A series of blogs on our news pages with individuals across the industry.
- Instagram Takeovers on our (you guessed it) Instagram page - from a collection of amazing zoos and aquariums starting with Jersey Zoo on 28 May.
- Plenty more on our social media channels, so watch those spaces! (Links to our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
BIAZA zoos and aquariums will be running their own activities - each will be celebrating a little differently and may broadcast their activities on their social media.
BIAZA Members can download the campaign package and other resources here
A few campaign resources can also be downloaded below.
How will you celebrate? Let us know or tag us on social media and use the event hashtags; #LoveYourZoo, #LoveYourAquarium and #Zoonique.
Reasons to love your BIAZA zoo or aquarium
- Leisure: More than 32 million people visit BIAZA’s member zoos and aquariums every year – they offer a great day out for everyone.
- Education: More than 922,000 people visit each year on an organised educational visit – they offer a safe and fun way to learn about animals.
- Research: BIAZA members support more than 1,300 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
- Conservation: BIAZA members support more than 830 conservation projects every year.
- Funding: BIAZA members contribute more than £28.5 million a year to field conservation projects.
- Economy: BIAZA members contribute over £650 million to the national economy.
- Safeguarding wildlife: By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
- Providing jobs: BIAZA zoos and aquariums employ over 8300 people.