23rd - 31st May 2020
Love Your Zoo week is an annual nationwide event which coincides with May half-term where our members hold a range of activities to promote the important work they do with regards to conservation, education and research.
This year the campaign runs from Saturday 23 May to Sunday 31 May and our participating zoos, aquariums, wildlife and safari parks are offering a range of fun-filled activities to suit all ages.
A full list of participants can be found below.
Reasons to love your BIAZA zoo or aquarium
- Leisure: Nearly 30 million people visit BIAZA’s member zoos and aquariums every year – they offer a great day out for everyone.
- Education: More than 1 million people visit each year on an organised educational visit – they offer a safe and fun way to learn about animals.
- Research: BIAZA members support more than 1,400 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
- Conservation: BIAZA members support more than 800 conservation projects every year.
- Funding: BIAZA members contribute more than £24 millon a year to field conservation projects.
- Economy: BIAZA members contribute over £650 million to the national economy.
- Safeguarding wildlife: By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
- Engaging with wildlife: You can see more than 2,000 different species of animals.