27th May - 4th Jun 2017
Love Your Zoo week is an annual nationwide event which coincides with May half-term where our members hold a range of activities to promote the important work they do with regards to conservation, education and research. This year the campaign runs from Saturday, 27 May to Sunday, 4 June and our participating zoos, aquariums, wildlife and safari parks are offering a range of fun-filled activities to suit all ages.
A full list of participants can be found below.
Reasons to love your BIAZA zoo or aquarium
- Leisure: More than 23 million people visit BIAZA’s member organisations every year – they offer a great day out for everyone.
- Education: More than 1.3 million people come to BIAZA member organisations each year on an organised educational visit – they offer a safe and fun way to learn about animals.
- Research: BIAZA members participate in 700 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
- Conservation: BIAZA members participate in more than 500 conservation projects every year.
- Funding: Offering a secure funding stream, BIAZA members contribute about £11millon a year to field conservation projects.
- Economy: BIAZA members contribute over £650 million to the national economy.
- Safeguarding wildlife: By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
- Engaging with wildlife: You can see more than 2,000 different species of animals.