During the run-up to World Book Day on March 2, we're bringing together the best of books, authors, writing, and research - celebrating what zoos have done for literature, and inspiring the next generation of conservationists. We have some exciting articles, author Q&A's, and book giveaways incoming! Be sure to follow us on social media to stay up to date.
Throughout the week we're focusing on:
24 - 26 Feb - Zoo research
27 - 28 Feb - Nature non-fiction
1 - 2 Mar - Zoo literature
Nature reading has grown remarkably in the past few years - brought about by a heightened awareness of climate change and the loss of biodiversity. Raising awareness is a core part of the BIAZA zoo/aquarium experience - and reading goes hand-in-hand those lessons we learn about wildlife. Learning, sharing knowledge, and inspiring others is how we make a difference.
How can you join in?
- We're prepping some zoo and animal-centric reading recommendations, so write in if you have any!
- Use the #BIAZAZooTales hashtag on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for all things nature reading.
- Does your zoo/aquarium sell books? Now is the opportunity to pick up a few and convince others to do the same.
- Make use of the resources below for BIAZA members or social media users.
Write in to [email protected] with any queries or expressions of interest.
Header Photo: Bournemouth Oceanarium
Book Giveaway information:
For a chance to receive a book by either Colin Northcott, Lorraine Miller or Danni Rae, comment on our corresponding social media posts on either Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn (posted 28/2/2023, 1/2/2023, 2/3/2023)
- Competition closes one week after announcement.
- Participants must be based in Britain or Ireland, and over 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected at random from all applicable comments - from one list composited from entries on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Participants do not need to be members of BIAZA, this giveaway is open to any social media profile representing an individual.
- Multiple comments will be counted as one entry (per BIAZA social media channel).
- Prize is non-refundable and has no cash alternative.
- BIAZA is not responsible for any items which may be lost or damaged in the post.
- Your data will not be shared with any third parties.