We offer ongoing or one-off zoo consultancy services. Our specialist services can be flexible for the needs of your collection.
Our services include:
- Enclosure design
- Enrichment advice
- Husbandry recommendations
- Nutrition reviews and advice
- Zoo licence inspection preparation
- Policy review and document preparation
- Welfare assessment
- Collection planning guidance
- Advising on education, research and conservation policies
- Staff training including subjects such as zoonotic disease, biosecurity, legislation, record keeping, enrichment
In addition, we can also provide veterinary support. Sarah can offer the service of being the named zoo vet on your zoo licence, performing an overseeing role and working in conjunction with your current local veterinary service provider.
Veterinary support would include:
- Routine visits and reports
- Advice on clinical and pathology cases
- Regular communications (emails and phone calls)
- Preventative health programmes creation and review
- Animal transfer planning
- Infectious disease contingency planning
- Biosecurity and zoonotic disease advice
- Regular clinical and pathology reviews
- Advice regarding the BALAI approval process
- Ethical review committee meetings
News£100m Zoo Animals Fund Goes Live 3rd August, 2020BIAZA is pleased to have secured additional funds from Westminster, to support animal welfare in zoos and aquariums facing financial hardship…
News‘In the face of adversity’ – a message from BIAZA Chair of Council 28th July, 2020A message from BIAZA Chair of Council, Dr Christoph Schwitzer.
NewsSwimming with sharks and endangered frogs - photo competition shows zoo and aquarium animals at time of crisis 23rd July, 2020BIAZA has announced the stunning winners of their annual photography competition!