Welsh Mountain Zoo - National Zoological Society of WalesConwy Closing date for applications is: 16th Feb 2024
|Samantha Calderbank ([email protected])
|£60,000 - £70,000
Welsh Mountain Zoo – National Zoological Society of Wales, Colwyn Bay is recruiting for a
Chief Executive Officer
The National Zoological Society of Wales (NZSW) which is a registered charity overseen by a Board of Trustees, and is more commonly known as The Welsh Mountain Zoo, is seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer.
The Welsh Mountain Zoo is a much-loved visitor attraction set on one of the most picturesque and unique landscapes for any UK Zoo, the Zoo occupies around 37 acres of lush green landscape. The site overlooks the Colwyn Bay coastline and the Carneddau mountains in North Wales. It welcomes over 170,000 visitors annually, with a turnover of circa £2,500,000 and employs over 50 staff.
The Welsh Mountain Zoo has ambitious plans ahead and is currently five years into its 10-year plan.
A new CEO is now sought to help deliver and lead the strategic direction of this second phase of the plan.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Track record of inspirational senior leadership, with evidenced experience of leading cohesive and high-performing teams, ideally in the tourism and/or charity sector.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Proven expertise in the development and implementation of strategic plans to capitalise on opportunities and increase the reach and impact of an organisation.
- Excellent engagement skills, with the ability to build confidence across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of instigating and leading through change.
- Knowledge and understanding of a Living Collection or other public attraction-based organisation and a confident ability to network and engage stakeholders.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and inclusivity and sustainability and environmental priorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic, and inspiring individual to drive the organisation forward in an exciting period of growth, responding to the changing operating environment, whilst remaining true to our values.
We are seeking an experienced leader with a proven track record to develop and deliver impactful strategies whilst inspiring the people around you to succeed. You will have experience of organisational governance, and driving a performance management culture.
You will be a persuasive influencer, able to build and tell compelling stories that lead to partnerships and income generation that deliver the sustainable support the NZSW needs.
· Salary range: Between £60,000 and £70,000 depending on level of experience.
· Pension + good holiday entitlement.
· 35 hours per week (will need to be flexible).
· Permanent Contract.
· Location of work: On-site at the Zoo.
Apply for this job:
To apply, please send us your completed application form and CV and a covering letter which explains your reasons for applying for the post, and how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the person specification.
An application form and detailed job description and person specification for the role is available from [email protected]. Should you wish to request an informal discussion about the role with our Chair of Trustees, please email HR, who will make the necessary arrangements.
Interviews will take place at a time to be confirmed.