Basic Associate membership of BIAZA is open to individuals who have an interest in zoos and aquariums and their work. Applications must be supported by either one CEO/Director of a Full Member collection or two sponsors who must be existing Associates (of any category). Sponsors must each represent a different collection or organisation. Membership is only open to people aged 18 Years or older.
- Publications: Receive copies of BIAZA News and our Annual Report and receive a significant discount on advertising in these publications.
- Website: Have full access to the membership area of the BIAZA website.
- BIAZA updates: Receive regular mailings and e-newsletter from the BIAZA Office.
- Shared resources, knowledge and expertise: By becoming a member you have the opportunity to participate in all our meetings, conferences and working groups, and can access the technical expertise of other members.
- Training: The Association is the lead body of the steering group that oversees the Diploma in the Management of Zoo and Aquarium Animals, currently provided by Sparsholt College Hampshire. We also organise additional training courses for members as needs arise.
- Status: All members have permission to cite their membership status in publications and online and use the BIAZA logo (with prior permission).